Thursday, November 22

Happiest of Thanks-givings to You

We are heading out in a couple of hours to go join our families for the Thanksgiving feast.  This Thanksgiving season has snuck up on me like it never has before.  I still cannot believe that today is Thanksgiving Day! 



My life screams by at warp speed.  Maybe yours does too.  I have been quiet on this blog lately.  I come here each and every day and sigh, knowing that this season of my life is not exactly conducive to creating blog posts.  Though I love to do so, and it is a fun hobby for me that is two-fold.  I love to encourage women in their lives, and make our amazing God famous.  I really miss being able to do this. 

But God has shown me over the last several months, that I can make him famous right here in my home and in my heart.  I don't have to shout it from the rooftops right now.  I need to speak into little lives and young souls the glories of our God and King.  Sitting with a sick kiddo that has been on the couch with a fever and nasty cough for the fourth day, is sitting at his feet.  Teaching the kids at home is my way of polishing and sharpening seven arrows to be shot out into the world after their time living at home is through. 

I have been weary and spent. 

But I have been reminded time and again that God will take my burdens, carry me, and give me the strength to carry out his plan for me. 

I am thankful.  God has done immeasurably more for my family and I than I could ever ask or imagine. 

When I am weary,  I am reminded that I have a Father, and his heart for me is love. 

When I am spent,  I am reminded that if I spend myself for others, I am spending myself for him. 

I have much to be thankful for.  You have much to be thankful for.  Let your life and not just this day of official Thanks-givng be a chorus of praise and thanks to God. 


Photobucket
1 comment on "Happiest of Thanks-givings to You"
  1. Ahh...me too. That's all. :) Can't wait to catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!